Monday, April 9, 2012

#liveastoryworthtelling

How do I #liveastoryworthtelling? I continuously strive to promote entrepreneurship as an alternative career after college. This is why I've funded Jacinto & Lirio in their crowdfunding campaign.




The founders of this social enterprise started Jacinto & Lirio as a feasibility project, before winning the Business in Development (BiD) Challenge Philippines, earning them a grant from the BiD network. It was a blessing in disguise--winning the award meant that Noreen and her colleagues should launch the business since they will only receive the remaining half of the prize money once the organizers see that the venture is on startup phase and running.


They are Management graduates of the John Gokongwei School of Management (JGSOM), Ateneo de Manila University. Who knew that Jacinto & Lirio, which started as a group project they submitted in the Business Accelerator Program of JGSOM, would be helping make a difference to the communities making these plant leatherettes? I've heard about this enterprise a couple of years back and since then I have been inspired by their story. Up to now, I still can't imagine that I'm taking part in it. :)


Know more about Kwaderno by Jacinto & Lirio, and how it is helping the development of water hyacinth livelihoods in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment